I love the public relations industry. I am extremely happy and blessed that I get to do what I love for a living. I also recognize our industry is changing, evolving and everyone has an opinion on where it's going and what's next.
What prompted me to get on my soapbox? A few things:
1. Colleagues telling me to put my ideas out there instead of having long-winded debates in their offices.
2. The ongoing state of public relations today and the dynamic between agencies and clients in the wake of these changes.
3. The transformation of media relations.
4. The resurgence of corporate communications.
5. I need a place to vent/praise and generally discuss our industry.
I'm on my PR soapbox.